Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dinosaur Travel Playset

I LOVED LOVED LOVED the dinosaur playmat that Fun at Home with Kids made.  I made one just like it for our big dinosaurs, but I wanted a smaller version for traveling or church.  So far I have made two of these travel sized playsets.  The first was in one of those tins that you get cookies in at Christmas.  That was for my second cousin.  Then I wanted to make one for my nephew, but the traveling he does is mostly flying and I figured the TSA would have a FIT with a metal container :p  So I got one of those pencil cases for 97 cents at Target.  It was a little smaller but it worked great!
I got the dinosaurs from Amazon but one of those Safari toobs of dinosaurs will work too.
I don't have any patterns or anything - I basically just made it up as I went along.  I used the same basic ideas as Fun at Home with Kids though.  LOTS of hot glue :)  But it was totally worth it and it really holds up well to little boy play!


Here it is by itself


Here is with about ten dinosaurs (I will use the rest for gifts & prize box awards)

Here is a different angle and action shot as my son is closing the lid!


And this is closed.  I covered the box in a sheet of duct tape so you couldn't see the hot glue through the clear plastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!