Saturday, July 28, 2012

I Spy

This is the boy themed I Spy page I made using 3 different button packs from Shelly's Buttons.  I used the "superhero", "boy's toys", and "when he grows up" packs.  I also used a bag of white poly beads from JoAnns, red felt, clear vinyl, and white ribbon.  I laminated my list using my awesome $20 laminator from Costco (such a useful tool!), punched a hole in it and threaded the ribbon through the hole.  Then I sewed the ribbon back to itself to attach it to the list.  The page is actually really quick and easy to do.  I used my sewing machine for the whole thing to make it even faster.  The only problem I really had was that the vinyl MUST be between two layers of felt because it sticks to the sewing machine and won't move like fabric.

Since my pages are 9x9 I cut a red front piece and freehanded a hole in the front.  I cut a square slightly bigger than my hole and layered vinyl in between and sewed around the circle.  Then I cut the same sized hole out of the square - being VERY careful not to cut the vinyl.  I decided I wanted the beads to show through the vinyl better and be easier to find so I sewed the back 9x12 piece to the sides and bottom of the 9x9 piece and then stitched the sides and bottom about two inches outside of my vinyl window.  This creates a pocket you can dump your poly beads and buttons into.

Then I simply sewed the top of the circle closed and the top of the page to the background.  Stitch the ribbon to the inside edge of the page and it's done.  It is so much fun to shake the page around and find the buttons inside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

(To the tune of If You're Happy and You Know It)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
(clap, clap)
Make me happy, Oh so happy, If you'll only leave a comment;
Make me happy, take the time, and leave a comment.
THANKS!